2. Learn to stop tattooing sad songs across your wrist. Your pulse will start sounding like a final breath, and that’s not the kind of music you want to make, baby.
3. There is an orchestra in your footsteps. There is a piano in your spine. There is poetry in your heartbeat. Your eyelashes cast shadows like stage lighting. You will wear musical notes across your chest that warn the others that this is no small production.
4. When they don’t want to love you, don’t stop singing. You can’t be everyone’s favorite song, no matter how beautiful you are.
5. Your heart isn’t clumsy just because it keeps walking into things. Sometimes, it takes a while to learn how to walk.
6. Even the stars feel dull sometimes. They’re still stars. They’re still a miracle.
7. You are still miracle. You are still miracle.
8. It’s okay if you don’t know what you’re doing. It’s okay. The trees have been alive for hundreds of years, and some days they still shake, too.
9. You are made of untranslated languages. Words no one has been brave enough to try to speak. That doesn’t make them any less holy.
10. The words inside of you can wrap around your heart like a cast. But only if you want to heal.
11. It’s time that you start wanting to heal. It’s the only way you can. It’s the only way you can. — Y.Z, Getting better (via dreamguide)
FIGHTING HOMOPHOBIA DOES NOT MEAN HATING HETEROSEXUALS
FIGHTING TRANSPHOBIA DOES NOT MEAN HATING CIS-GENDERS
FIGHTING SEXISM AGAINST WOMEN DOES NOT MEAN HATING MEN
FIGHTING RACISM DOES NOT MEAN HATING WHITE PEOPLE
FIGHTING ANY KIND OF HATE DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO FUCKING HATE PEOPLE
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I sometimes like to imagine a world where people wore whatever style they wanted without society judging them or ignorant people questioning the way the dressed
like cyber goths
or steam punk
all just walking around with no strange looks from passers by and no judgement like it were the most normal thing a person could do